Splunk Engineer / Consultant
A global IT solutions provider and stalwart of the Big Data and Analytics community is actively seeking and experienced Splunk engineer / consultant to undertake a key position within their organisations security division.
The Splunk professional will:
- Take day-to-day accountability for the Splunk platform and work together with the other Splunk resources including the software provider themselves in order to fully service client and licensee requirements (in production and in the lab) and make it evolve according to users requirements
- Implement specific filtering, dashboards, integrate new data sources or adapt processing for existing ones (e.g. due to software upgrades in the network)
- Deploy newer versions of the various Splunk components when appropriate: for bug fixes, to get relevant new features, etc.
- Recommend changes to the Splunk architecture when appropriate and implement them once approved.
- Maintain a clear documentation of the whole platform: components, versions, data flows, data sources, etc.
- Interact directly with the Splunk users (network operations personnel): capture new requirements and defects into Jira tickets, prioritise these, implement, test, deploy fixes and new features.
- Knowledge of the Splunk suite with ability to define the best suited architecture for the customers needs, install, configure, develop, monitor and troubleshoot the whole platform. More specifically:
- Architecture administration and design (big plus: Splunk Certified Architect certification)
- General Splunk administration (big plus: Splunk Certified Admin certification)
- Searching, reporting and management of data and knowledge objects (big plus: Splunk Certified Power User certification)
- Creation and modification of custom apps within Splunk
- Splunk Enterprise Security
- Programming/scripting experience in Python (benefit)
This is a progressive and exciting opportunity for an established Splunk professional or someone looking to progress their Splunk career.
Our client are a truly innovative and open sourced business with an agile approach to development and progression.
Flexible working conditions from multiple office locations coupled with a solid home working option should this be preferred.
To apply for this role you must have full eligibility to live and work in the UK.
For more information on this position and other Business Intelligence or security roles please our website www.searchbi.co.uk
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.