SearchBI is currently looking for a Software Test Engineer to join a cutting-edge technology business based in Farnborough to work on the next generation of their niche industry SaaS product.
This role offers the opportunity to join a highly collaborative team working with the latest technologies and engineering processes. As a product focussed business, you will be joining the sprint team developing test artefacts to prove the acceptance criteria of user stories and working closely with the Product Owner and stakeholders to ensure the system meets high-quality standards.
Your main role will be to ensure that the output of the development team meet the acceptance criteria and the goals of a sprint using manual testing tools and automated test frameworks. Additionally, ensuring that the performance characteristics and non-functional aspects of the solution are achieved.
- Writing, maintaining and executing test cases that effectively exercise identified customer scenarios.
- Development of automated test collateral using Selenium (and Protractor in Angular front-end environments).
- Contribute, in conjunction with other members of the team, to ensure all software errors are identified and corrected.
- Reporting on various KPIs and metrics.
- Taking an active role in sprint planning, retrospective and reviews.
- Validating the successful delivery of sprint goals and user stories.
- Maintain the testing collateral utilising version control systems.
- Promoting re-use of test collateral.
- Production of test plans and contribution to the test strategy.
- Understanding customer requirements and working alongside the product owner to assure acceptance criteria are met.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to write clear reproduction scenarios when issues are found.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong collaborative team player with Agile Scrum experience and able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve professional success.
- Resourceful, energetic and enthusiastic, prepared to go the “extra mile”.
- Ability to work well under pressure, both as part of the team and on own initiative.
- Confident and able to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
The technical skills/experience required are:
- Experience with Selenium development using C# drivers.
- Experience with Angular testing using Protractor.
- Experience with a manual testing framework such as Microsoft Test Manager
- Knowledge of utilising defect tracking systems, ideally VSTS.
- Exposure to working in a TDD environment.
- Experience utilising version control systems, preferably Git
Further experience, but not essential, are:
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (specifically Azure)
- Knowledge of application and web security with exposure to security testing tools
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.
Key Words – Software Test Engineer / Automation Tester / QA Analyst / IT
Software Test Engineer – Farnborough – To £40,000