Second Line Support Engineer – Farnborough – £30-35k
SearchBI is currently looking to recruit a Second Line Support Engineer for a growing aviation business based in Farnborough.
Reporting directly to the Service Desk Manager responsibilities include, supporting and maintaining clients’ IT Infrastructure, associated hardware and software, including installation and configuration of new solutions.
- Support & maintain clients core infrastructure i.e. availability, performance, security and operability (covering servers, networks, telecoms, firewalls, routers, switches and storage)
- Manage incidents and requests through to resolution in line with process and SLA
- Manage and maintain Active directory and Group policy
- Carry out regular server reviews and health checks
- Support IT project work when required – this may include commissioning and decommissioning of new systems, including testing and documentation
- Keep up to date with new technologies and share innovative ideas with the team
- Provide out of office hours on call support, on a rota basisLiaise with customers, 3rd party software vendors and suppliers
- Assist with 1st line duties during busy periods/annual leave
- Provide mentoring and encouragement to the 1st line engineers, produce process documentation & training where necessary
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar 2nd Line technical role, preferably within an ITIL environment
- Expertise in diagnosing, repairing and solving hardware/software server & network related issues.
- Excellent experience and understanding of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 & 2016, including, but not limited to, active directory, file permissions, DHCP/DNS services, firewalls and group policy.
- Excellent experience and understanding of MS SQL, IIS SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange, RDS & Terminal Server
- Excellent experience and understanding of virtualisation solutions such as VMWare and Hyper-V.
- Experience of networking principles such as VLANs and VPNs
- Experience and understanding of backups & restoration
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical, solution focused, process and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer focus with commitment to providing a high level of customer service
- Able to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Reliable, honest and willing to go the extra-mile
For more information on this position and other roles please visit our website www.searchbi.co.uk
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.
Keywords – IT Support Analyst / IT Helpdesk / 1st Line Support / 2nd line Support / second line support / Network Administrator / IT Support Engineer