SearchBI are working with a national automotive organisation in their search for an experienced UI/UX designer.
This role will fit into a newly created design and development team at the companies HQ in Solihull.
As a UI/UX Designer you’ll work with engineers, advisors and content managers, to shape how people experience the organisations products and services, primarily web and native mobile apps.
You will have a proven track record and portfolio of delivering excellent user experiences across mobile and desktop platforms as well as a passion for delivering excellent customer service.
What you will be doing
- You will be required to develop concepts (not just follow wireframes) and to design engaging and visually unique experiences.
- You will assist in creating and maintaining design systems that reflect brand values whilst accounting for user needs and UI best practices.
- You will typically be creating visual and interaction elements, through a process of iteration and refinement, whilst considering layout, navigation, flows, iconography, typography
- Improve UX and re-design existing functional areas
- Competitor analysis and reviews
- Prototype new functionality demonstrating the user journey
- Increase customer engagement through innovative UI solutions
- Work with front end/back end developers, business analysts and the wider development/digital team to deliver the best possible customer experience.
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing your experience designing for complex digital interfaces, creating and delivering UI kits, responsive websites, style guides and native mobile app designs and prototypes.
- Excellent skills with modern design tools (Sketch, Adobe CS, etc).
- Ability to understand and translate UX research and user needs.
- Ability to take a design from concept through to completion.
- Skilled in the application of information design, visual hierarchy, usability best practices and interaction design.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Ability creating motion concepts to illustrate your ideas and interaction principles.
- Awesome analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in collaborating with multidisciplinary skilled teams.
- Awareness of modern working processes e.g. Agile / Lean / Kanban / Scrum.
- A passion for digital and a strong awareness of design trends, technology and the future direction of design.
- 22 days holiday, rising to 25 after 5 years
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discount gym membership
- Car options
- Retail discounts with over 3000 retailers
- Cycle to work scheme
In order to apply for this role you must have full eligibility to live and work in the UK
For more information on this position and other Business Intelligence roles please visit our website www.searchbi.co.uk