A global business services and analytics software house are actively seeking a Data Scientist to join an exceptionally talented team and help grow their UK division.
As an established name in the analytics landscape our client are focusing their expansion plans on the UK arm of the business. The successful Data Scientist will be working within the software engineering division, helping some of the world’s largest firms use data, research, insight and analytics much more efficiently.
Following an exceptional period of success, there is an urgent requirement for a Data Scientist to join this unique business at their UK HQ in central London.
We are ideally seeking someone with the following experience:
- Comfortable with coding languages R and Python
- Development experience in Java
- Well versed in a variety of statistical methods and Data Science techniques (e.g. Machine Learning Algorithms, Data Engineering, working with large data sources, profiling and testing data)
- Ideally from a Data Scientist background
- It is beneficial but not essential to have a related degree, e.g. Msc in Computer Science / Mathematics / Statistics or a related field
This role will consist of working with like-minded and passionate Data Scientists, asking the tough questions and solving client problems. Your world will revolve around software and engineering, so you will constantly be looking for new data patterns, providing insights with probabilistic models, tackling challenging data mining algorythms and using data analysis to answer questions that your clients hadn’t even thought of.
On a day to day basis you will:
- Plan and execute secure, good practice data integration strategies and approaches
- Acquire, ingest, and process data from multiple sources and systems into Big Data platforms
- Create and manage data environments in the Cloud
- Collaborate with our business analysts to map data fields to hypotheses and curate, wrangle, and prepare data for use in their advanced analytical models
- Have a strong understanding of Information Security principles to ensure compliant handling and management of client data
- This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in end-to-end data management for cutting edge Advanced Analytics and Data Science
This is a truly challenging position with great rewards. Aside from working in one of the most advanced software environments, you will also be working on behalf of some of the world’s most highly regarded software clients with tools such as R, Python and Shiny.
This is an office based role, and although flexible working is permitted you should be able to commute to central London on a day to day basis.
In order to apply you MUST have full eligibility to live and work in the UK
For more information on this position and other Business Intelligence roles please visit our website www.searchbi.co.uk
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.
Data Science / Data Scientist / Big Data / R / Python / Java / Statistical / Models / Machine Learning / Algorythms / Engineers / Software / Profiling / Data Testing / Data Analysis /