Business Intelligence Analyst – Leeds
SearchBI is currently looking to recruit a BI Analyst for a 12 month fixed term contract with a rental firm based in Leeds. The purpose of this role is to be an interface to the Business Units and Group functions in the design of new BI Intelligence solutions, supporting process improvement, translating Business Requirements into Functional Enhancements and handover to IT Solution Providers. This will also involve quality assurance of software developments which have been specified and the development of broad process and systems knowledge as well as building relationships at all levels within all areas of the business.
What we can offer
- £50,000-60,000 basic salary
- £7,900 car allowance
- BUPA for self and family
- Life assurance x4
- 7% Pension
- Interaction with the business in the analysis of current operating practices and system configuration. Assist in identifying opportunities for improvement and software enhancement.
- Stakeholder management in relevant areas of the business, building relationships at all levels including Senior Country and Group managers.
- Support the business in feasibility studies and business case development for new initiatives.
- Undertake Requirements Engineering and Functional Design for projects, developing specifications for changes in software which support changes in operational processes and procedures
- Manage requirements handover to the internal IT Solution Providers and 3rd party suppliers and support in the creation of system designs and technical specifications for development and implementation.
- Support the QA testing function and change management process to ensure there is due diligence and traceability of business requirements and integrity of the final solution.
- Collaboration with internal solution providers to ensure that designs are fit for purpose.
- IT representative on relevant business Centre of Excellence forums, participating and promoting best practise
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Experience in some of the following technologies essential:
- Business Intelligence & Commercial Reporting
- Microsoft Power BI & Data Warehouse technologies
- BCS Business Analysis Diploma / certification
- Able to work on their own or as part of a project team
- Able to manage stakeholders at various levels within an organisation
- Experience in agile ways of working such as SCRUM, and able to help apply those methods in a pragmatic way in an environment starting to adopt agile practices
- Experience in some of the following technologies (preferred):
- Understand data structures and databases
- Knowledge of Rental business or systems
- Microsoft technologies: Windows 10; Office365; Power BI, SharePoint; Intune; Active Directory; Visual Studio Team Services, Teams
- Enterprise Service Management: ServiceNow
For more information on this position and other Business Intelligence roles please visit our website www.searchbi.co.uk
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.
Keywords – BI Analyst / Business Intelligence Analyst / PowerBI Analyst / Business Analyst /