BI Analyst – Manchester
Related job titles – MI Analyst / BI Developer
Are you an analyst looking for a change of scenery? Are you looking to learn and develop new skills? Are you interested in working for a business that rewards your efforts?
SearchBI is currently recruiting a BI Analyst for a professional services firm based in central Manchester. This is an exciting opportunity for a BI Analyst or BI Developer to join a team that is responsible for providing insight across the business including the creation of new reports, data analysis and ad-hoc reporting requests. The role involves working closely with key stakeholders as well as developers and end users.
This is a perfect opportunity for somebody looking to develop their technical skills and their career further. Our client has a culture built on rewarding success and hard work with financial gains and advancement within the company, so if you have the right attitude, you will go far!
What we can offer…
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews relating to performance (£30-35k)
- Mentorship from senior staff
- Industry specific training
- Pension Contribution which is matched up to 4.5%
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – Extended lunch breaks for gym-goers; Fresh Fruit delivered daily
- Private Healthcare Insurance, provided by BUPA
- Generous holiday entitlement – including Christmas shut-down not requiring annual leave
- Excellent Social Calendar – Group Summer and Xmas Parties; Friday drinks every week; Frequent team nights out and events
- Other benefits – including Cycle-to-work scheme, Childcare Vouchers
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 2 years BI and database development background. You will have a can-do attitude, excellent communication skills and a desire for continuous improvement which you’ll be able to evidence.
Core Responsibilities of the Role…
- Building detailed reports in Power BI, SSRS, Excel or SPs to be invoked by bespoke reporting applications.
- Requirements gathering for new reports and requests.
- Managing new reporting requests and queries.
- Stakeholder management and project delivery.
- Management of and improvements to the data warehouse and analytics platforms.
- Delivery improvements in data quality, database and reporting efficiency.
- Adopting a continuous improvement methodology and delivering a best in class service to the business.
Experience and Knowledge…
- SQL Server development environment and associated tools.
- Exposure to SQL 2016 & Azure SQL would be beneficial.
- T-SQL programming and troubleshooting, query performance optimisation/tuning, primary and foreign keys, indexes, views, stored procedures, functions.
- Design, build and operation of ETL packages using Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience processing large data sets.
- Documentation of processes.
- Design and implementation of Data Warehouses and Dimensional Modelling.
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and Quality Processes.
- Strong problem-solving capability, numeracy and analytical skills.
- Experience in working in an agile environment, using methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban beneficial
- Experience in agile development practices such as Test/Behaviour Driven Development, Pair Programming and Continuous Delivery also beneficial.
- SQL Server 2016, 2012, 2008.
- Strong TSQL scripting, SSIS and SSRS.
- Advanced Excel (Macros, VBA, PowerQuery)
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders across the business defining and documenting requirements.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
Nice to have…
- PowerBI or other Visualisation software
- Experience of Cloud, AWS or Azure and migration to cloud
- ITIL: experience working with incidents, service requests, changes, problems.
- Any experience of data modelling and forecasting
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.
Keywords – Data Analyst / BI Analyst / MI Analyst / BI Developer / Business Intelligence Developer / Reporting Analyst