BI Analyst – Leeds
SearchBI is currently looking for a BI Analyst for a growing legal organisation based in Leeds. The purpose of this job is to determine what data trends mean and recommend solutions for creating increased revenue and reducing loss.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for somebody looking to help a business get the most out of their data and build a robust BI function for the business.
What we offer
- Basic Salary of circa £35k
- Free city centre parking
- Health Cash Plan – Our colleagues can claim back basic healthcare costs with their health plan ranging from optical, and dental to health and wellbeing remedies and therapy.
- Death in Service Scheme.
- 25 days holiday + your birthday off + bank holidays.
- Paid Birthday Holiday – All our colleagues can enjoy a day off on their Birthday on top of their holiday entitlement.
- Contributory pension.
- Excellent office facilities – including games consoles, charging zones, internet use zones with tablets provided, chill out room and canteen games tables.
- Employee incentives – Reward and recognition schemes.
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- carry out ETL tasks to create datasets which can be used to produce operational reports and also reports for customers.
- Working closely with senior management in order to present technical findings and insights
- Delivery and maintenance of BAU reporting within Business Intelligence
- Deliver ad-hoc reporting requests in a timely manner according to requirements
- Challenge purpose of requests into the team in order to find the best solution
- Support robust governed reporting delivery; testing, security, accuracy and consistency
- Support strategic data and tool migration projects
- Support the production of BI documentation
- Analysis into key KPI trends across the business
- Identify areas for improvement and drive change to existing BI processes
- Support audit processes and Service Desk requests
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Development and management of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Interrogation and manipulation of large data sets to interpret trends and KPIs.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with multiple projects
- Ability to create and manage SQL queries, procedures and jobs (SSIS an advantage)
- Knowledge of data warehouse principles
- Experience of BI and reporting software
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Keywords – BI Analyst / Business Intelligence Analyst / BI Developer / Business Intelligence Developer / Reporting Analyst / MI Analyst / Insight Analyst