AWS Solution Architect
SearchBI are working as the exclusive agent for a large US based software house, looking to strengthen their UK division with the hire of an AWS Solutions Architect.
Our client are a Business Services and software vendor specialise in Data Analytics, Business Intelligence and machine learning with multiple offices throughout the US.
Now focusing on the companies UK offering and looking to double its head count over the next 2 quarters to cope with client demand and large project wins.
This is an exciting time to join this growing, technically advanced and progressive company.
The AWS Solutions Architect responsibilities will be:
- Design and deploy dynamically scalable, highly available, highly reliable and fault-tolerant systems on AWS
- Migrate existing complex on-premises applications to the AWS platform
- Select appropriate AWS services to design and deploy an application based on the business requirements
- Implement cost control strategies on the AWS infrastructure
- Participate in software development processes with quality assurance, version control and build processes
- Work with management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within areas of responsibility
- Assist the project manager in preparing estimates and justification for assigned tasks
- AWS Certified Professional (required)
- Demonstrated experience of design and implementation of micro-services architecture and RESTful web services
- Experience of utilizing progressive design patterns that make use of server less technologies, dynamic scaling, event models, cost optimizations and platform services
- Experience of lift and shift of an existing on-premises application to AWS
- Experience of designing with appropriate AWS services like API Gateway/Lambda and Elastic Beanstalk
- Experience with AWS databases (RDS, Aurora and PostgreSQL)
- Experience in migration of document storage to AWS S3
- Experience of network integration and Cloud connectivity of public and private environments; Ingress and egress of data to and from AWS
- Knowledge of cloud reference architectures and AWS best practices
- Experience of Active/Directory/SSO and other authentication mechanisms such as login.gov
- Strong experience in detailed technical analysis and preparation of estimates
- AWS Solutions architect certification (at least an associate, but professional will be preferred)
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning US software house at a time of UK expansion. This brings fantastic opportunities to progress on merit through the business as they develop their UK organization on the back of large scale project wins and repeat business.
To apply for this role you must have full eligibility to live and work in the UK.
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.