Business Intelligence Project Manager – Central London – £60-70k
Are you an experienced BI Project Manager looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work for a solutions provider with a range of exciting greenfield projects? Are you looking for a role with genuine scope for progression and a great work-life balance?
An analytics house based in central London is actively seeking a Business Intelligence Project Manager to join a team responsible for a number of business-critical projects dealing with a range of technical solutions.
Our client is a dynamic technology company that is focused on business analytics and planning. They take an innovative approach to making complex solutions simple so their clients can focus on running their businesses. Their services and applications enable clients to gain the benefits of world-class analytics and planning capability without the headaches.
What we can offer
- A competitive basic salary
- Flexible working hours
- The option of homeworking
- Private healthcare
- Exposure to bleeding-edge technologies such as Snowflake
What we need
Our client is looking for a Business Intelligence Project Manager to join the UK team. We’re looking for someone has exceptional project management skills and a strong track record in delivering challenging Business Intelligence Solutions.
We need you to lead a large project of significant scope and impact. Your ability to work independently with limited direction, communicate effectively with team members in disparate geographic locations, and provide leadership and direction will be keys to your success.
- Develop and manage project plans from beginning to end
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Support multiple business units in the areas of requirements definition, requirements documentation, test case documentation, and creating and updating project documentation such as project plans, spreadsheets, status reports, and presentations
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify issues, and devise contingency plans
- Meet with and receive feedback from project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Present and articulate solutions to management and/or project stakeholders and others while interfacing with technical resources, business owners, end users, and management
- Minimum 5 years overall experience in implementing, managing, or supporting data warehouse projects and applications
- Experience with one or more of the following Business Intelligence platforms (Power BI, Qlikview, Tableau, SAP Business Objects, Cognos etc.) a plus
- Must have a successful track record of managing high-visibility DW/BI projects by utilizing project management and application industry best practices and standards
- Experience working with 3rd party data providers
- Experience planning, implementing and/or managing 3rd party data processes
- Strong understanding of various technical and application Business Intelligence environments
- Must have the interpersonal skills necessary to lead and coordinate others to accomplish goals
- Strong relationship building skills with Team Members and Business Users
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis
- Ability to create and maintain a well-structured environment through development of standards and procedures
- Ability to write technical and business documents
- Ability to plan, execute, and improve work processes to ensure achievement of business objectives
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills (other team members seek out this person for guidance and direction)
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
Keywords – Project Manager / Business Analyst / Senior BA / Senior PM / Business Intelligence / Senior Consultant / Business Intelligence Consultant