VB.Net Developer – Shipley – 6-9 months – £300-400 per day
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in a software project that will have far-reaching benefits for 30,000 customers, 500 staff, and five separate third-party repairs and maintenance suppliers.
- Work directly with users at all levels of the business to understand their requirements and ensure systems are being developed according to those requirements. Work with business experts, changes managers and third-party software suppliers to optimise solutions. Work with third party organisations to integrate systems. Ability to use non-technical language.
- Deliver additional functionality to existing bespoke systems. Design and produce high quality workflow routines and configuration code.
- Setting up representative test data, and being involved in the testing itself as required. Demonstrate new functionality to users in training events.
- Create technical documentation to allow the solutions to be maintained and further enhanced by others. Create user documentation to allow the solution to be used by the business (or any other end user).
- Ensure that all release and deployment packages can be documented, tracked, installed, tested, verified, and/or uninstalled or backed out, if appropriate.
- Experienced in participating in project-related change, considering and managing all aspects: users and, technical impact and responsibilities.
- PRINCE2 Foundation or better
- Agile change management
- SQL related
Disposition / Attitude
- Patient, logical mind, good analytical skills, problem solving skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Resilience and working to deadlines and integrating the software into the business.
- Empathy and respect for others (e.g. customers, colleagues, contractors)
- Positive attitude and commitment to good customer service
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Positive/can do attitude
VB.Net Developer / .Net Developer / Software Developer / Systems Developer / Web Developer