Data Solutions Provider
SQL Developer – Shipley – £38k
SearchBI is looking for a SQL Developer / Database Developer to sit within a brand-new data team for an innovative and forward-thinking organisation based in Shipley. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a team and really make a difference at a business with a strong social conscience that makes a real difference in the community.
What’s On Offer
- Competitive basic salary
- Excellent pension scheme
- Industry specific training
The core purpose of this role is to design stable and reliable databases, according to our company’s needs and also to ensure that the sensitive data is kept safe and secure. You will be responsible for developing, testing, improving and maintaining new and existing databases to help users retrieve data effectively.
As part of our new Data and Information Team, you will work closely with rest of ICT to ensure system consistency. You will also collaborate with our internal customers and business partners to provide technical support and identify new requirements. Communication and organisation skills are keys for this position, along with a problem-solving attitude.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure the database systems run effectively and securely on a daily basis.
- Development of the existing in-house databases using SQL
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems
- Ensure databases are properly backed up and perform restore operations as required
- Implement patches and system or database upgrades
- Good database housekeeping, including the implantation and upkeep of maintenance scripts, clear down log files, to ensure optimal performance
- Ensure that incidents are being managed effectively and efficiently with users being properly advised and kept with progress and meet SLA targets.
- Liaise with other members of the Data Team to improve applications and establish best practices
- Gather user requirements and identify new features
- Develop technical and training manuals
- Provide data management support to users
- Ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements
- Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols
- Proven work experience as a SQL Developer / Database Developer
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
- Hands on experience with Transact-SQL (SSMS & SSIS)
- Experience of working with Visual Basic & HTML
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- An ability to understand front-end user requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with data analysis tools including Excel and preferably QlikView/ Power BI
- Degree educated or equivalent professional qualifications
- Familiarity with Agile best practices
For more information on this position and other Business Intelligence roles please visit our website www.searchbi.co.uk
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.
Keywords – BI Developer / Business Intelligence Developer / Database Developer / QlikView / Power BI / DBA / Database Administrator / SQL DBA