Hire and rental firm
Solutions Architect (MS Azure)
SearchBI is currently recruiting a Solutions Architect for a global engineering firm based in Leeds. The Solutions Architect is responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of the group’s Solutions Architecture; focusing on supporting the group’s growth and transformation from on-premise solutions to cloud-based ones.
What we can offer
- Basic salary up to £55-67k
- Car allowance £8,900
- 7% Pension
- Private healthcare for self and family
- 25 days holiday
The Solutions Architect operates across the range of Business, Data, Applications and Technology plans, with a wide remit including roadmaps, integrations and both in-house and external services. The role is based within the Application Development team but encompasses broad end-to-end responsibility for the design of solutions, of which applications are a constituent part.
They work closely with the Leeds software development teams, the Leicestershire head office teams (transformation, infrastructure and business representatives) and business unit leaders in the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
Job Scope and Dimensions
- Reports into: Director of IT Application Development.
- Responsible for line management: Systems Administrators.
- Responsible for budgetary management of: Solutions Architecture.
- Based in Leeds, however spending appropriate time at Leeds, Leicestershire or with business units as required.
- Ensure alignment of IT strategy and business strategic goals; and the translation of the strategy into a comprehensive and flexible Solutions Architecture.
- Ownership and delivery of all architecture artefacts, including an architecture roadmap; plans for Business, Data, Applications and Technology; plans for key platforms and services. Translation of those plans and roadmaps into technical design which fit the group’s risk appetite, resource boundaries, and wider business goals.
- Responsible for production of high-level solution designs including non-functional requirements.
- Providing IT technical leadership, expertise and direction to the team.
- Rigorous strategic analysis of architectural issues.
- Supporting and providing cover for the Director of IT Application Development in the management of the Application Development team, and in liaison with business stakeholders.
- Supporting, challenging and collaborating with senior managers and decision makers.
- Develop and promote standard architectures, frameworks, and technology platforms for reuse.
- Provide architectural support at the front end of projects and continue to provide support as projects deliver, including interfacing between the business, IT and partners.
- Be the principal evangelist within IT and across the business for the rationale for our architecture and roadmaps, able to translate technical issues into plain English.
- Monitor external technology innovation to ensure that the group remains technologically competitive, including suppliers, competitors and adjacent sectors.
- Responsible for ensuring the introduction of any new service, hardware, software or supplier into the IT Portfolio remains aligned with the IT and Business Strategy.
- Responsible for managing, scheduling and prioritising work for the Systems Administrators, (such as Salesforce) to ensure that appropriate application standards are applied across the enterprise.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- 3+ years solutions or application architecture experience
- Desirable: TOGAF certification, with the experience and mindset to adapt and flex approach
- Knowledge and understanding of architecture management techniques in the areas of migration planning, implementation, change management and governance
- Experience of Azure, B2B ecommerce or IoT implementations would be an advantage
- Experience in mentoring and coaching developers and senior developers in technical application architecture
- Experience of designing architectures that enable digital transformation and transition from legacy systems
- Experience of in-house developed systems, on-premise hosting and the transition to cloud services
- Experience of influencing non-technical executive stakeholders from around the business
- Experience in the planning/costing of implementing process and technology change programmes
- Experienced in commercial engagements and in contributing to contracts and statements of work from a service delivery perspective.
- Ideally a professional background in software development
- Degree-qualified in relevant subject
- Familiarity with any of the below technologies would be an advantage but not mandatory:
- XaaS; SaaS; IaaS; PaaS; iPaaS
- Progress ABL & RDBMS: OpenEdge 11 (strongly preferred)
- Oracle: Fusion HCM
- Microsoft technologies: SQL Server, Windows 10; Dynamics CRM; Dynamics AX; Integration Manager; Azure; Office365; SharePoint; Intune; Active Directory; VSTS
- Mobile Technologies: iOS; Android; Windows; PhoneGap
- Content Management Systems: Kentico EMS
- Enterprise Service Management: ServiceNow
- Enterprise Service Bus: Software AG WebMethods
- Virtualisation: VMware
- Understanding of network topology in an enterprise setting
- Experience of KPIs, SLAs and service management
For more information on this position and other Business Intelligence roles please visit our website www.searchbi.co.uk
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.