Data Solutions Provider
Senior SQL DBA – Manchester – £50-60K
Are you an expert on all things SQL Server related? Are you interested in being involved with new and exciting projects? Do you like working for a business that rewards hard work?
SearchBI is currently recruiting a Senior SQL DBA for a professional services firm based in central Manchester. This is a brand-new role to support the growth of the organisation and offers involvement in exciting new projects from day one.
This is a perfect opportunity for somebody looking to advance their career. Our client has a culture built on rewarding success and hard work with financial gains and advancement within the company, so if you have the right attitude, you will go far!
What we can offer
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews relating to performance
- Industry specific training
- Pension Contribution which is matched up to 4.5%
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – Extended lunch breaks for gym-goers; Fresh Fruit delivered daily
- Private Healthcare Insurance, provided by BUPA
- Generous holiday entitlement – including Christmas shut-down not requiring annual leave
- Excellent Social Calendar – Group Summer and Xmas Parties; Friday drinks every week; Frequent team nights out and events
- Other benefits – including Cycle-to-work scheme, Childcare Vouchers
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior SQL Server Engineer / DBA with strong database administration and engineering skills to join a team that are responsible for the day to day support and administration of the full SQL Server technology stack including engineering and all SQL Server database related projects. The role involves working closely with other Infrastructure teams as well as developers and end users.
We are looking for someone with 5 years’ SQL development / database administration experience and some background in business intelligence.
Experience and Knowledge
- SQL Server development environment and associated tools (e.g. Management Studio, SQL Profiler, Performance Monitor).
- Exposure to SQL 2016 & Azure SQL would be beneficial.
- T-SQL programming and troubleshooting, query performance optimisation/tuning, primary and foreign keys, indexes, views, stored procedures, functions.
- Understanding of database schema design and concepts, security and user management, partitioning and compression.
- Design, build and operation of ETL packages using Integration Services (SSIS) and Data Transformation Services (DTS). Experience processing large data sets.
- Documentation of processes.
- Design and implementation of Data Warehouses and Dimensional Modelling.
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and Quality Processes.
- Strong problem solving capability.
- Any experience with the .NET programming languages would be desirable but not mandatory.
- Experience in working in an agile environment, using methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban beneficial
- SQL Server 2016, 2012, 2008
- Experience of Cloud, AWS or Azure
- Demonstrable production skills in monitoring, backup/recovery, always-on, patching
- TSQL scripting, SSIS – SQL Server Integration Services
- Performance Tuning: monitor, SQL Profiler, DMVs, Resource Governor.
- Availability Groups, Clustering, Replication, Database Mirroring
- Reporting Services, encryption
- ITIL: experience working with incidents, service requests, changes, problems
- Excellent written and communication skills
For more information on this position and other Business Intelligence roles please visit our website www.searchbi.co.uk
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.
Keywords – Senior DBA / SQL DBA / SQL Server Engineer / BI Developer / Business Intelligence / SQL Developer / Data Architect / Database Developer / SSRS Developer