SearchBI are working with an industry leading Automotive company to help secure a Pricing Analyst for their growing analytics and BI team.
You will be involved in managing profitability & underwriting performance of the allocated products to deliver target loss ratio and presenting this effectively to capacity providers to maintain existing and secure new facilities.
Further to this deliver Gross Written Premium targets on allocated products by maintaining a competitive market position, maximising product risk acceptance and coverage without compromising Underwriting performance.
This is a business-critical position and my client are looking to start the interview process ASAP.
- To carry out analysis on rating factors for motor insurance
- To produce management information relating to product performance regularly or ad-hoc for use by Senior Management
- To complete statistical analysis arising from changes in the mix of business and performance.
- Support other analyses such as expenses, budgets and renewal retention
- Provide input to the Underwriting & Pricing Committee meetings
- To have a good general technical knowledge of General Insurance products, market developments and market trends for home and motor insurance
- To acquire an in-depth knowledge of the tools they use e.g. QlikView, Excel, Access
- Document processes to help the team become efficient as possible
- Assist the senior analyst in objectives to support the business
- Understand the teams key objectives and ensure that all activity is focused on delivering those key objectives
- Undertake other duties over and above those listed in the job description, appropriate to the individual’s skills and experience
Ideal Person Specification:
- Strong numerical and analytical skills plus a desire to apply those skills in a practical business approach
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and issues to all levels
- Enjoy working by yourself as well as with various teams across the business
- Display attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage and prioritise given workload with business objectives
- Previous experience using QlikView would be favourable but not essential
- Strong planning and organisational skills and the ability to work to deadline
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with internal and external parties
- Effective communication skills
- This is an excellent opportunity to work for a market leading business at a time of rapid and sustained company growth.
To apply for this role you must have full eligibility to live and work in the UK.
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.