Management Consultant (Data Analytics) – London – £90-110k
Are you looking for a role with the opportunity to lead and grow a practice? Are you interested in working for a growing international data solutions provider? Do you have a passion for business strategy and want to apply this somewhere new?
SearchBI is currently looking to recruit a Managing Consultant from within the Data Analytics industry to assist in the expansion of an international Data and Analytics Consultancy based in central London.
Our client is a dynamic technology company that is focused on business analytics and planning. They take an innovative approach to making complex solutions simple so their clients can focus on running their businesses. Their services and applications enable clients to gain the benefits of world-class analytics and planning capability without the headaches.
This is a hands-on consultancy role but is also a senior appointment within the team and will be working closely with the UK Managing Director to develop the business within the UK. As such, if you are aspiring to be a Head of Practice within your field, this would be the perfect opportunity to do so as the person hired for this role will have significant opportunity to share in its success.
What we can offer
- A competitive basic salary of £90-110k (depending on experience)
- An annual bonus of 5-15% of basic salary
- Industry specific training and certifications
- Flexible working hours
- The option of homeworking
- Takes the lead on project delivery, working independently on project tasks which are predominantly client-facing
- Regardless of the stage of lifecycle, helping define, share and experience ambitious visions for data and analytics with clients across sectors
- Take an active role in shaping the consultancy team by hiring and managing new team members
- Responsible for quality, profit and project delivery
- Active participation in service proposition, business development work and thought leadership
- Building data and meta-data processes using established frameworks
- Designing and modelling to ensure the semantic models align with conceptual
- Work on database design and development, data integration and ingestion
- Play a key role on projects from a data engineering perspective to model the data landscape, obtain data extracts and define secure data exchange approaches
- Plan and execute secure, good practice data integration strategies and approaches
- Acquire, ingest, and process data from multiple sources and systems into Big Data platforms
- Create and manage data environments in the Cloud (AWS/Azure)
- Lead teams of implementation specialists as you implement data foundations
- Practice self-leadership and promote learning in others through mentoring and coaching
- Focus on solving business issues, bring value and drive efficiency in the organisation
- Act as a trusted advisor towards our clients, offering strategic direction
- Design and implement scalable, high throughput data integration platforms
- Experience on taking a lead role on client-facing projects, including working in close-knit teams
- A clear understanding of data and analytics technologies available, where they fit in, and how they compare
- Excellent interpersonal skills when interacting with clients in a clear, timely, and professional manner.
- A deep personal motivation to always produce outstanding work for your clients and colleagues
- Excel in team collaboration and working with others from diverse skill-sets and backgrounds
- Experience implementing data warehouse and data lake solutions using cloud technology
- Experience in Information Management best-practice solutions and advisory services in Data Governance, Data Quality and Master Data Management
- Experience through all phases of the project lifecycle – from scoping and planning, requirements, design, development, testing and deployment
- Developing technical specifications and working with architecture, based on business and functional analysis
Technical (please not that this does not necessarily need to be recent hands-on experience)
- Experience working on projects within the cloud ideally AWS or Azure
- Experience and desire to work with open source and branded open source frameworks
- Experience working on exciting, fast projects and a consulting setting, often working on different and multiple projects at the same time
- Experience in at least two scripting, object oriented or functional programming language, etc. SQL, Python
- Data Warehousing experience, building operational ETL data pipelines across a number of sources, and constructing relational and dimensional data models
- Implementing data ingestion / presentation / semantics data layers as guided by BA/Data governance/conceptual data models
- Experience of data modelling – (Dimensional, 3NF, Data Vault), but all modelling experience of valuable, especially across structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with Metadata repositories and technologies
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.
Keywords – Management Consultant / Head of Practice / Data Engineer / Data Scientist / Senior Consultant / Senior Analyst / Data Architect / Principal Consultant /