Lead Web Developer – Newcastle-Upon-Tyne – £35-40k
SearchBI is currently looking for an experienced Lead Web Developer to join a cutting-edge technology business based in central Newcastle-Upon-Tyne.
A unique opportunity for an experienced Lead Web Developer to join an in-house digital development team who are responsible for the continuous development of the organisation’s web platform to support digital content delivery that makes a real difference to their customers.
You’ll be responsible for helping to lead the development team with fellow experienced colleagues and will have important input into application design and development practices. You should be a developer who loves experimenting with new tools, languages, frameworks, libraries etc and has the expertise of building flexible web applications.
You would be joining a successful, well established business at a key point in their growth as they look to add extra products to their portfolio and reach out to new markets. This is a great opportunity to make your mark in a growing company at an exciting time.
What’s on offer
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working arrangements
- Budget for training / courses and personal development
- 25 days holiday
- Refactoring the existing platform to be more flexible for new products and features
- Furthering the use of automation to ensure high coding standards, efficient deployment, and infrastructure changes on cloud hosting platforms
- Acting as a key player in the development team to participate in code reviews, planning, and decision making
What we need
- A strong understanding of PHP
- Knowledge of relational databases e.g. MySQL / PostgreSQL
- Experience developing and maintaining RESTful API’s (JSON)
It would be beneficial if you had
- Exposure to additional programming languages such as; Perl, Python, Bash
- Experience writing and maintaining testable code and test-driven development
- A strong understanding of web application security
- Awareness of data protection & security considerations in a SAAS environment
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
For more information on this position and other Business Intelligence roles please visit our website www.searchbi.co.uk
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.
Key Words – Lead Web Developer / Front end Developer / Web Developer / PHP Developer / LAMP / Devops /