Lead BI Developer – Portsmouth – £45-48k + Benefits
Search BI is currently looking to recruit an experienced BI Developer for an automotive business based in Portsmouth. This is a growing company with fantastic career opportunities that are looking to expand their business intelligence function in order to compete at a higher level within the automotive market through the use of business and data analysis.
Salary and benefits
• Basic salary of £45-48k (please be aware that we can only pay a higher amount if you have Power BI experience)
• Company performance bonus (typically pays between 5-12% of your annual basic)
• Save as you earn share scheme
• Contributory pension scheme
• 22 days rising to 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Discounted vehicle servicing
Purpose of the role
You will be responsible for the design and delivery of cutting edge Business Intelligence solutions that leverage modern Business Intelligence technology (SQL Server 2016, Azure and Power BI).
You will be the centre of expertise and knowledge for all matters pertaining to the use, development and application of the MS BI Stack and will lead the development of the Data Warehouse and all the associated ETL processes. You will also be accountable for configuring reporting tools and dashboards which will enable customers and managers to better understand their business and gain insight from the datasets.
This role is primarily responsible for developing, managing and controlling solutions based on Microsoft’s SQL Server, Data and Business Intelligence Platforms. Responsibilities include administration, design and development of the BI applications (users, databases/fact tables/dimensions, dashboard development and distribution).
Duties and responsibilities
• To lead the MS BI stack development and day to day delivery, including ETL processes, Data Warehouse design and build, reporting delivery, and dashboarding of data, whilst maintaining excellent lines of communication in respect of proposed and actual development direction and progress.
• To work closely with the BI & Reporting team in the production of ad-hoc internal or customer reports, including information to support projects and to use this knowledge to further enhance existing dashboard capability where applicable.
• To continually explore opportunities for automation of ad hoc and manual processes using existing and new BI technologies, across the entire organisation
• To be responsible for the management of all aspects of reporting security within the MS Stack, including the design and maintenance of detailed security protocols to ensure compliance with our customer, local and National policies, including the Data Protection Act.
• To be accountable for ensuring that Service Requests are dealt with by the development team in a timely and efficient manner
• Lead and support on optimization of dashboards, reports and ad hoc analytics utilizing a mix of BI tools, scripting as required & APIs for seamless end user experience
• Maintain robust version control of all objects in the Microsoft BI environment.
Skills and experience required:
• Experience of working at a conceptual as well as at a detailed level in BI projects and development tasks
• 5+ Years MS BI development experience
• Experience of Power BI high advantageous but will consider Tableau or QlikView
• Relevant Professional accreditations in MS BI Application development
• Experience of MS SQL Server including the installation and setup of a DW environment, as well as advanced scripting and dashboard design experience
• Extensive experience of Microsoft products including Excel, Access and Word to an advanced level
Key Skills – BI Developer / Business Intelligence Developer / Power BI / Tableau / QlikView / MI Analyst / BI Analyst / MI Developer / BI Consultant /