Professional Services firm
Junior Database Administrator – Manchester – £18-22k
Are you a recent graduate or Junior DBA looking for looking for a challenge? Are you looking to learn and develop new skills? Are you interested in being involved with new and exciting projects?
SearchBI is currently recruiting a Junior / Trainee Database Administrator for a professional services firm based in central Manchester. This is a brand-new role to support the growth of the organisation and offers involvement in exciting greenfield projects from day one.
This is a perfect opportunity for somebody looking to develop their technical skills and their career further. Our client has a culture built on rewarding success and hard work with financial gains and advancement within the company, so if you have the right attitude, you will go far!
What we can offer
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews relating to performance
- Mentorship from senior staff
- Industry specific training
- Pension Contribution which is matched up to 4.5%
- Health & Wellbeing Initiatives – Extended lunch breaks for gym-goers; Fresh Fruit delivered daily
- Private Healthcare Insurance, provided by BUPA
- Generous holiday entitlement – including Christmas shut-down not requiring annual leave
- Excellent Social Calendar – Group Summer and Xmas Parties; Friday drinks every week; Frequent team nights out and events
- Other benefits – including Cycle-to-work scheme, Childcare Vouchers
- Ensure day-to-day running of SQL Server estate through, monitoring of disk space, backups, database mirroring, clustering, replication and troubleshooting failed jobs
- Be proactive in performance tuning and optimisation to help improve database efficiency
- Implement and manage changes to the database
Required Knowledge / experience
- Knowledge of SQL Databases / SQL Server
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (Azure / AWS)
- HND or Degree in an IT related subject or equivalent practical experience
Key Words – Web Developer/ Computer Science Graduate / Junior DBA / Database Administrator / Junior Data Analyst /