Head of Technology (Mobile Application Development) – Newcastle
Are you interested in working for the fastest growing technology business in the north east? Are you experienced in successfully leading a team of mobile application developers? Are you looking to work for a supportive and employee-centric organisation?
SearchBI is currently recruiting a Head of Technology for an established and successful technology business based in then Newcastle area to help design, drive and deliver the technical roadmap for current and future projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity with lots of autonomy for a visionary and enthusiastic person who can galvanise people and apply their own exceptional development talent. This is one of those rare roles where you truly get to make a difference.
As part of a small company, your role will be to oversee, architect and help develop high quality App features and foundation technology for mobile platforms, by gathering requirements, designing solutions, implementing robust code, testing and debugging.
What we can offer
- basic salary of £80-90k – based on experience
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days holiday allowance, plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Work with production and development teams to understand business and system requirements and translate them into technical solutions; develop technical designs, engineering schedules and engine systems; troubleshoot issues.
- Manage, monitor, prioritize and help resolve live service issues.
- Lead project and group collaboration efforts and utilize engineering best practices, such as code reviews, automation, testing, etc.
- manages department operational planning and projects, and directs the allocation of resources
- Define and drive the delivery of architectural and functional specifications to achieve product requirements and strategic objectives
- Line management of Discipline Leads (4 of)
- Oversee output and development of the whole technical team:
- 4 server developers (Server/Web devs work in building a series of Java and Node JS Micro-Services.)
- 2 web developers
- 3 iOS developers (iOS devs work in Objective C & Swift language)
- 3 Android developers (Android Devs work in Java & Kotlin languages)
- Recruitment and resourcing of all roles
- Driving continuous improvement, quality & project delivery
- Review and promote Improvements to development process and standards
- Designing and architect clients (iOS & Android) + AWS backend
- Develop and revise statements of work, to include accurate time and cost estimates
- Research and introduce new technologies for all employees and management
- Enforce coding standards, code review & technical documentation process across all departments
- Promoting Lean/Agile methodologies
- Promote understanding, communication, and direction of the technical teams to the wider studio.
Required skills and experience:
- Proven ability to own the technical roadmap – delivery and future planning
- Excellent understanding of mobile development, platforms, and ecosystems
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in technology industry
- 5+ years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
- Strong knowledge of AWS
- Previous experience leading teams & cross-platform architecture
- Agile/Scrum environment experience
- Strong build process methodologies (incl. continuous integration)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster positive relationships
- Innovative mind-set, striving for excellence, keeping current with new technology and ways to improve.
- Experience creating and building world class development teams, managing and mentoring them
- A collaborative, adaptable personality
- Passionate and self-motivated and an interest in the start-up world and growth/rapid change
For more information contact Jamie MacMillan on 0191 481 2888 or visit the SearchBI website – www.searchbi.co.uk
Keywords – Head of Technology / Head of Mobile Technology / Head of Application Development / Head of Mobile / Head of Mobile Application Development / Mobile Application Development Manager