SearchBI are partnered with a growing Solutions and Data consultancy, based in the heart of London.
Specialising in the financial sector and working with blue-chip organisations, our client are in an exciting growth phase due to large project wins and demand for their services.
Due to this company growth our client are looking to hire a data analyst / data scientist.
This is a hybrid role, ideal for someone looking to progress within a data science role or expand their current skill set with bleeding edge technologies.
As a small growing company this offers an exceptional opportunity for fast track progression with no glass ceiling.
We are looking for individuals that are unafraid to be different, trial new approaches and use practice rather than theory to deliver innovative solutions to clients.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with multiple data sets, and some experience in data-driven decision making. You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a project.
Required skills and experience
- Experience doing quantitative analysis
- BSc in Computer Science, Maths, Engineering, or other technical field.
- Experience in SQL or other programming languages
- Development experience in any scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance detailing a high level of ownership
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner across multiple stakeholders
- Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regressions)
- Experience manipulating large data sets through statistical software (ex. R, SAS) or other methods
- Understanding of relational databases
- Familiarity with Star Schema methodology
- Knowledge of ETL principles including design and development
- BI tool knowledge such as Board, PowerBI or QlikView an advantage
- Competitive Salary – based on experience
- 22 days holiday allowance, plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
To apply for this role you must have full eligibility to live and work in the UK.
For more information on this position and other Business Intelligence roles please our website www.searchbi.co.uk
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.