Data Science Senior Manager
A national software house, with a 10 year vintage, are looking to create a dedicated Data Science division. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront and help shape an entire department!
Our client are looking for an experienced Data Scientist who can build a team and lead from the front.
As an established player in the Software Integration industry, our client has partnered with a number of major software vendors from SAS to BI and Analytics and dominate the financial services market in this regard.
Data Science is the latest focus for the company and with it comes exceptional opportunity.
You will play a critical role in helping advance the application of analytics and machine learning as a core building block for our clients market offering.
Assist in project delivery for Data Science work plans that ultimately improve customer understanding and help drive clients’ growth.
As an evangelist for Data Science, you will partner with leaders in various divisions, industries and geographies, in order to ensure that as increasingly more solutions are brought to the market, they are driven and are supported by a strong data Sciences and data engineering team.
Do you have the following?
- Financial services experience
- PhD or Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, Physics, Engineering or related field.
- Hands on Evaluation experience with understanding of Data Exploration, Model Comparison, Model evaluation, insights/interference, Data Interpretation / Insight Analysis
- Demonstrable delivery experience using a wide variety of machine-learning techniques including classifiers, regression, clustering, decisions trees, neural networks, NLP and ensemble techniques
- Broad awareness of Data Science concepts including, Linear Regression, Logistic regression, Correlation variance, standard Dev, Dimensionality reduction, unsupervised learning, Parameter tuning, Cross Validation, boot strapping, Forecasting and Imputation.
- Experience with any of the following, Python, R, NumpY, Cortana, Azure, Hadoop, Hive and SAS
- Solution Design & Development
- Quality Assurance and Testing
- Data Visualisation
This is an rare opportunity to build something from the ground up and be have ownership of a new division.
With multiple offices throughout the UK the successful candidate can work from either London, Manchester or Edinburgh.
There will be a degree of travel associated with the role so all applicants must be comfortable with up to 50% travel.
If this position is of interest, please contact us at your earliest convenience for a confidential conversation.
In order to apply for this role you must have full eligibility to live and work in the UK
For more information on this position and other Business Intelligence roles please visit our website www.searchbi.co.uk
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.