Data Architect – North London
Can you be a recognised thought leader in Big Data technologies and related business metrics for enterprises? Do you have the ability to drive projects to success and work under stress in fast-paced environments?
An analytics house based in North London is actively seeking a Data Architect to join a team responsible for a number of business-critical projects dealing with a range of technical solutions.
Our client is a dynamic technology company that is focused on business analytics and planning. They take an innovative approach to making complex solutions simple so their clients can focus on running their businesses. Their services and applications enable clients to gain the benefits of world-class analytics and planning capability without the headaches.
What we can offer
- A competitive basic salary (£80-95k)
- A discretionary annual bonus between 5-15% of basic
- Flexible working arrangements
- Private healthcare
- Industry specific training (For example Snowflake Data Warehouse)
What will you be doing?
- Travelling to client sites frequently to provide face to face consulting services, meetings and presentation as well as delivering from work and value home.
- Conducting technical audits of client’s existing architectures (Infrastructure, Performance, Security, Scalability and more) document best practices and recommendations.
- Lead and meet the expectations for client deliverable completion timelines.
- Work with clients to help them develop data architecture models to further enable effective service oriented delivery.
- Mentoring and working with both internal and client development teams directly delivering against an agile backlog to help engineer highly available, more manageable Big Data platforms.
What do we need from you?
- A strong desire to work in a customer facing consulting type role.
- Experience Architecting Big Data platforms using Apache Hadoop distros like, Cloudera, Hortonworks etc.
- Strong knowledge of cloud data processing architectures.
- In-depth knowledge of popular database and data warehouse technologies from Microsoft, Amazon and/or Google (Big Data & Conventional RDBMS), Microsoft Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Teradata, Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data warehouse ETL/ELT concepts.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems architecture.
- Be fluent in at least 2 object oriented language, preferably java and python, and have familiarity with functional languages and be proficient in SQL.
- Experience with major distributed processing frameworks
- Ability to work with software engineering teams and understand complex development systems and patterns.
For more information on this position and other Business Intelligence roles please visit our website www.searchbi.co.uk
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.
Keywords – Data Architect / Solutions Architect / Data Engineer / Senior Data Engineer / Big Data Engineer / Big Data Consultant / Big Data Architect