Data Analyst – Central London – £45k + Benefits
Are you an expert on SQL? Are you interested in gaining exposure to new BI technologies such as QlikView? Do you want to work for one of the fastest growing retails brands in the UK?
SearchBI is currently recruiting an experience Data Analyst for a market-leading retail client based in central London. This is a brand-new role within a growing team and as such will allow you to make your own mark within a fantastic brand.
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for analysing data to identify and evaluate improvement opportunities in order to make recommendations to the management team. We’re looking for someone with a genuine passion for technology who is inquisitive and enthusiastic to join our fast-paced product and technology team.
Working closely with Product Managers and other key stakeholders, you will contribute to the delivery of projects across the business at various stages of the project life cycle including requirements gathering, solution design, testing and go-live support.
You should feel comfortable working on multiple projects in parallel, that require a high degree of inter departmental interaction and specifically build strong relationships with all stakeholders where information is shared.
This role offers you the chance to work in-depth across multiple departments of a luxury retail brand and contribute to the delivery of challenging change projects with tangible business benefits.
What’s on offer?
- Basic salary of up to £45,000
- Discretionary bonus
- Private healthcare
- Core hours of 10-4, (8 hour shifts) As long as you’re in those hours you can work whenever you want
- Very generous staff discount on products sold by company
Data and Process Analysis
- Perform competitor analysis on various companies to identify market trends and understand methods of operation.
- Analyse resource performance data and operational metrics
- Understand, analyse and document business processes to create suggestions for operational improvements and changes
- Elicit business requirements and turn these into functional specifications
- Benchmark processes to validate project return on investment
Design and Implementation
- Create mock-ups / wireframes to communicate deliverables to stakeholders and developers.
- Identify the processes and information technology required to introduce your recommendations
- Engage stakeholders on the benefits of your recommendations and address any uncertainty or concern
- Translate specification into actionable tickets in our project management / issue tracking tool
- Be able to understand complex processes and generate appropriate process documentation
- Demonstrate experience in change leadership
- Hold knowledge of database structures
- Experience with any BI tool – preference for QlikView but will accept Power BI, Tableau etc.
- Have experience of SQL query, preferable Google BigQuery
- Show an appreciation of Agile, Lean or other software development methodologies.
- Have working familiarity with Behaviour Driven Development and other methods of software testing
- Be familiar with REST APIs and Service Orientated Architecture
- Any experience of working within a consumer-lead organisation such as a retail business
- Have strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Be professional, articulate and able to communicate well to influence decisions
- Be self-motivated, highly organised and able to manage time effectively
- Have a good technical understanding – this is not a development role, but you will be required to work and communicate with developers and other stakeholders on a daily basis.
- Have a broad business experience with a drive to proactively fill in gaps in your own knowledge.
- Have ability to multitask and prioritise and is comfortable working autonomously under own initiative
Keywords – Data Analyst / BI Analyst / Insight Analyst / Business Analyst / Reporting Analyst / BI Developer / QlikView / Power BI / Tableau