Cloud Engineer – Central London
Are you an experienced Cloud Engineer looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work for a solutions provider with a range of exciting greenfield projects? Are you looking for a role with genuine scope for progression and a great work-life balance?
An analytics house based in central London is actively seeking a Cloud Engineer to join a team responsible for a number of business-critical projects dealing with a range of technical solutions.
Our client is a dynamic technology company that is focused on business analytics and planning. They take an innovative approach to making complex solutions simple so their clients can focus on running their businesses. Their services and applications enable clients to gain the benefits of world-class analytics and planning capability without the headaches.
What we can offer
- A competitive basic salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Flexible working hours
- The option of homeworking
- Private healthcare
- Exposure to cutting-edge technologies
The successful candidate will:
- Be involved with a range of client projects and in handling vast amounts of data
- Work on database design and development, data integration and ingestion, designing ELT architectures using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Play a key role on projects from a data engineering perspective, working with our Architects and clients to model the data landscape, obtain data extracts and define secure data exchange approaches
- Plan and execute secure, good practice data integration strategies and approaches
- Acquire, ingest, and process data from multiple sources and systems into Big Data platforms
- Create and manage data environments in the Cloud (AWS/Azure)
- Collaborate with business analysts and data scientists to map data fields to hypotheses and curate, wrangle, and prepare data for use in their advanced analytical models
- Have a strong understanding of Information Security principles to ensure compliant handling and management of client data
- This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in end-to-end data management for cutting edge Advanced Analytics and Data Science
- Experience on client-facing projects, including working in close-knit teams
- Strong development background with experience in at least two scripting, object oriented or functional programming language, etc. SQL, Python
- Experience working on Azure with either Data Factory, Data lake, HDInsight
- AWS or Snowflake also equally of interest
- Experience and desire to work with open source and branded open source frameworks
- Experience working on lively projects and a consulting setting, often working on different and multiple projects at the same time
- Data Warehousing experience, building operational ETL data pipelines across a number of sources, and constructing relational and dimensional data models
- Excellent interpersonal skills when interacting with clients in a clear, timely, and professional manner.
- A deep personal motivation to always produce outstanding work for your clients and colleagues
- Excel in team collaboration and working with others from diverse skill-sets and backgrounds
To apply for this role you must have full eligibility to live and work in the UK.
For more information on this position and other Business Intelligence roles please visit our website www.searchbi.co.uk
SearchBI are the first choice for Analytics, Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.