Business Intelligence Analyst – Leicestershire – £30-40K
SearchBI is currently supporting a Leicestershire based construction firm in their search for a Business Intelligence Analyst.
Our client is set to embark on an exciting period of growth within their Data team and as such are looking for driven and motivated business intelligence professionals that are looking for that next step, and a route for clear career progression.
The ideal candidate would bring with them at least 1 years’ experience within Business Intelligence and Data Analytics but what’s more important is the enthusiasm to learn and develop. Due to the phase of growth there will be many training and career development opportunities which will see this role grow and develop into a senior member of the BI team.
Our client is ideally located within a commutable distance from Birmingham, Burton upon Trent and Leicester, so if you’re a BI professional in the area looking for that next step then please forward your CV.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on BI products, services, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Work with your manager to direct, organize, and drive projects in the implementation and use of new BI software tools and systems.
- Design, code, test, and document new or modified BI systems, ETL routines, applications, reports, and report definitions.
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Liaise with stakeholders to analyse user requirements and design specifications for BI solutions.
- Work with project managers to ensure that data entry, retrieval, change, and delete functions meet business requirements for project completion.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
- Receive and respond to customer requests for support following agreed processes and procedures and maintain support systems records
- Act as evangelist for BI benefits across the organization; promote BI usage to relevant departments.
- Maintain a log of the BI requests that come into the team and provide an update and report from the log
Please note the following should be used as a guide only, our client is flexible on technical skills so if you feel this role would be suitable please don’t hesitate in sending your CV.
- Visualisation tools (i.e. Qlik, Power BI, Tableau)
- MS SQL Server (DB, SSIS, SSAS)
- ETL tools such as Alteryx, SSIS or other.
- Knowledge of scripting languages, such as TSQL or other.
- Ability to analyse user requirements and build front-end BI applications according to specifications.
- Data warehouse analysis and design skills, with knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modelling.
- Technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems.
- Business Analysis techniques.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Key Words: Business Intelligence Analyst / Business Intelligence Developer / Qlik Developer / Qlik Analyst / Data Analyst / Reports Developer / BI Analyst / BI Developer
For more information please contact Ben Summersgill on 0191 481 3888 or [email protected]