BI Project Manager
SearchBI are working as the exclusive agent for a large US based software house, looking to strengthen their UK division.
Our client, a Business Services and software vendor specialise in Data Analytics, Business Intelligence and machine learning.
With multiple offices throughout the US they are now focusing on the companies UK offering and looking to bolster it with the hire of an experienced Business Intelligence project manager.
You will initially be leading a large project of significant scope and impact for the company. Your ability to work independently with limited direction, communicate effectively with team members in disparate geographic locations, and provide leadership and direction will be keys to your success.
- Develop and manage project plans from beginning to end
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Support multiple business units in the areas of requirements definition, requirements documentation, test case documentation, and creating and updating project documentation such as project plans, spreadsheets, status reports, and presentations
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify issues, and devise contingency plans
- Meet with and receive feedback from project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Present and articulate solutions to management and/or project stakeholders and others while interfacing with technical resources, business owners, end users, and management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA highly preferred
- Minimum 5 years overall experience in implementing, managing, or supporting data warehouse projects and applications
- Experience with one of the following Business Intelligence platforms:
Birst, Qlikview, Tableau, Business Objects, Cognos, OBIEE, Pentaho, PowerBI or similar
- Must have a successful track record of managing high-visibility DW/BI projects by utilizing project management and application industry best practices and standards
- Experience working with 3rd party data providers
- Experience planning, implementing and/or managing 3rd party data processes
- Strong understanding of various technical and application Business Intelligence environments
- Must have the interpersonal skills necessary to lead and coordinate others to accomplish goals
- Ability to write technical and business documents
- Ability to plan, execute, and improve work processes to ensure achievement of business objectives
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills (other team members seek out this person for guidance and direction)
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning US software house at a time of UK expansion. This brings fantastic opportunities to progress on merit through the business as they develop their UK organization on the back of large scale project wins and repeat business.
To apply for this role you must have full eligibility to live and work in the UK.
For more information on this position and other Business Intelligence roles please visit our website www.searchbi.co.uk
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.