BI Developer – Shipley
Are you looking for a role where you can learn new technical skills? Do you strive for a better work/life balance? Would working for an organisation that makes a genuine difference in the community appeal to you? If the answer if yes to one or more, then please read on……
SearchBI is currently recruiting a BI Developer for a growing professionals services organisation based in Shipley.
What we can offer
- Competitive basic salary (circa £38k)
- Flexible working hours
- Highly competitive pension contribution
- 25 days holiday
- Industry specific training opportunities (QlikView)
The purpose of this role is to develop innovative technical solutions whilst supporting the overall data and information strategy.
As part of the newly formed Data and Information Team, you will work closely with the rest of ICT to ensure system consistency and also collaborate with internal customers and business partners to provide support and identify new requirements. Communication and organisation skills are keys for this position, along with a problem-solving attitude.
Ideally, we are looking for a developer equally at home in the front or back end of developing QlikView, although we are willing to consider candidates with a similar BI tool. In essence, someone that can build sophisticated data models and also turn the data in these models into valuable and insightful information through carefully crafted visualisations.
As a small organisation there is some cross-over support for DBA cover. You will be involved in developing, testing, improving and maintaining new and existing databases to help users retrieve data effectively.
- Designing and implementing business intelligence technical solutions.
- Data modelling and data architecture design and implementation.
- Work with team members to understand the business needs and introduce appropriate technical solutions.
- Develop an ability to troubleshoot and debug BI defects and production issues.
- Design robust and logical reporting solutions.
- Act as a data expert on all relevant systems to support our customers and fellow database administrators.
- Ensure there is a robust infrastructure and adequate capacity to support all Qlik development.
- Documentation of solution (e.g. data models, configurations, and setup etc.).
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems
- Ensure that incidents are being managed effectively and efficiently with users being properly advised and kept with progress and meet SLA targets.
- Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols
- Ideally experience of working with QlikView/QlikSense but will consider Tableau / Power BI
- Proven work experience working with SQL Server databases (2005 and higher)
- Excellent understanding of T-SQL programming
- Experience in SSIS and SSRS development and working knowledge of design and building ETL processes.
- Experience of working with Visual Basic/HTML
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- An ability to understand front-end user requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree educated or equivalent professional qualifications
- Familiarity with Agile & ITIL best practices
For more information on this position and other Business Intelligence roles please visit our website www.searchbi.co.uk
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.