BI Analyst – Lincoln – £35-45k
SearchBI is currently looking to recruit an experienced BI Analyst for a growing insurance firm based in Lincoln city centre.
The individual is expected to work with a wide range of business datasets, creating and analysing key business performance indicators to a wide range of internal, and external stakeholders in a dynamic and constantly changing B2B & B2C environment.
The individual is expected to play a key role in delivering and maturing the strategic goals for the business assisting the Data Manager with the overall Business Intelligence strategy for the medium and long term whilst delivering against the tactical aims in the short term.
The role requires a mixture of excellent technical abilities marrying with a deep understanding of key business drivers and processes being able to not only create but empowered to analyse and provide key insight to drive business strategy.
What we can offer
- £35-45k based on experience
- Free city centre parking
- 25 day’s holiday + bank holidays
- Employer pension contribution
- 2% salary to spend on a variety of benefits after one year’s service
- Healthcare scheme
- Free office fruit
- On site therapies
- Wellbeing scheme
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Develop new Business Intelligence across a variety of business functions through a process of requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and releasing for each new report and application.
- Develop new databases in Microsoft SQL and deliver reports using SSRS and/or Microsoft Power BI as required by the business.
- Develop data models using Microsoft Analysis Services (SSAS) for consumption within Microsoft Power BI, Excel or SSRS.
- Complete data mining identifying business trends within datasets using data models developed in SSAS.
- Support the timely and accurate delivery of all requested projects and initiatives.
- To take responsibility for business projects from time to time that requires: project management skills; data and process analysis skills; or use of reporting systems.
- Meet FCA, DPA and ICOB requirements and ensure that all work outputs support these principles.
- To ensure accuracy within all reporting by testing outputs using the business tools and resources available.
- To be able to articulate to a variety of different business stakeholders, meeting regularly with senior business stakeholders to identify how the business can improve on its performance trajectory.
- Meet with senior business stake holders regularly, analysing business KPI’s offering insight and tactical and strategic guidance.
- Contribute to the design, development and specification of new and existing processes and systems, consulting with customers where appropriate, to ensure that their requirements are fully understood and met.
- Complete checks daily to ensure BI systems are working correctly and output is delivered to business expectations.
- Regularly review live reporting and database applications in an order that outputs remain aligned to business and user needs.
- Provide advice, guidance and coaching to team members to enhance their technical capabilities and ensure value added service to customers.
- Manage and evolve the day to day relationships with internal and external partners.
- To build and develop financial/operational models to provide forecasting for the business, which may be used to support the annual budgeting and scenario planning processes.
- Develop and support the month end process (with other team members) to reduce manual effort.
- Produce ad hoc analysis as required by heads of business functions.
- 3 Years MS BI Development Experience
- MS SQL Reporting Stack – SSRS / SSAS / SSIS
Advantageous to have
- PowerBI (Or comparable visualisation tool)
For more information on this position and other Business Intelligence roles please visit our website www.searchbi.co.uk
SearchBI are the first choice for Business Intelligence and Agile BI recruitment business in the UK and internationally. We work with Software Houses, Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe. As unique specialists in this niche marketplace we have positioned ourselves ideally to satisfy the needs of a variety of clients. We understand our industry and use our expansive network to position ourselves as market leaders for all Agile Business Intelligence requirements.
Keywords SSRS Developer / BI Developer / Business Intelligence / SQL Developer / Data Architect / Database Developer / Business Intelligence Developer / BI Analyst / Business Intelligence Analyst / Reporting Analyst