Azure Data Engineer – Central London
Are you an experienced Cloud Data Engineer with Azure experience looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work for a solutions provider with a range of exciting greenfield projects? Are you looking for a role with genuine scope for progression and a great work-life balance?
A global analytics house based in central London is actively seeking a Cloud / Azure Data Engineer to join a team responsible for a number of business-critical projects dealing with a range of technical solutions.
Our client is a dynamic technology company that is focused on business analytics and planning. They take an innovative approach to making complex solutions simple so their clients can focus on running their businesses. Their services and applications enable clients to gain the benefits of world-class analytics and planning capability without the headaches.
What we can offer
- A competitive basic salary
- Flexible working hours
- The option of homeworking
- Private healthcare
- Exposure to bleeding-edge technologies such as Snowflake
The successful candidate will:
- Be involved with a range of client projects and in handling vast amounts of data
- Work on database design and development, data integration and ingestion, designing ELT architectures using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Play a key role on projects from a data engineering perspective, working with our Architects and clients to model the data landscape, obtain data extracts and define secure data exchange approaches
- Plan and execute secure, good practice data integration strategies and approaches
- Acquire, ingest, and process data from multiple sources and systems into Big Data platforms
- Create and manage data environments in the Cloud (AWS/Azure)
- Collaborate with business analysts and data scientists to map data fields to hypotheses and curate, wrangle, and prepare data for use in their advanced analytical models
- Have a strong understanding of Information Security principles to ensure compliant handling and management of client data
- This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in end-to-end data management for cutting edge Advanced Analytics and Data Science
- Experience on client-facing projects, including working in close-knit teams
- Experience and interest in Big Data technologies (e.g. Spark)
- Strong development background with experience in at least two scripting, object oriented or functional programming language, etc. SQL, Python
- Experience working on projects within the cloud ideally AWS or Azure
- Experience and desire to work with open source and branded open source frameworks
- Experience working on lively projects and a consulting setting, often working on different and multiple projects at the same time
- Data Warehousing experience, building operational ETL data pipelines across a number of sources, and constructing relational and dimensional data models
- Excellent interpersonal skills when interacting with clients in a clear, timely, and professional manner.
- A deep personal motivation to always produce outstanding work for your clients and colleagues
- Excel in team collaboration and working with others from diverse skill-sets and backgrounds